Thursday 7 March 2013

Being a vegan

Hello all,

I became a vegan because I was horrified to think that I was contributing to what happens in the modern factory farm slaughter houses.  Further, what the practises of the dairy and eggs industries is perhaps worse or at least equal to the meat industry.

Here is a great speech by one of the most passionate people I have ever heard. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=es6U00LMmC4

Now, I believe it is important to acknowledge all of the people we know and respect who have also made this decision.  Albert Einstein and Gandhi to name a few.  Gandhi has a famous line which has always resonated with me.  "Be the change you wish to see in the world."  As a result, being a vegan for me is that change. 

I hope that this can be a place for me to share with others the trials and tribulations of being a vegan as well as some great diet ideas.    Also, a safe place that challenges the ideas of who vegans are and can be.  I will have you know that I am a huge fan of sports and beer.  Vegans can be anyone!!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment